The senior healthcare continuum is a face-paced and ever changing service. The doctors, nurses and social workers work very hard to provide great service but don’t often have time to effectively explain care to elderly patients and their family.
An Elder Care Coordinator is an advocate for seniors and their families that stands with them as they navigate the senior health care system. This unique service helps seniors get healthcare service from the providers they chose while getting the quality service they deserve.
What is an Elder Care Coordinator?
- An experienced professional with intimate knowledge of the senior healthcare system and the services available to seniors and their families.
- An advocate who has the best interest of the elder in mind. Not the bottom line of a healthcare provider.
- An advisor who constantly evaluates providers in order to recommend the very best service in your area.
- An insider who understands how each service works behind the scenes and builds a culture of accountability between provider and patient.
See Related Post: When Is It Time For Elder Care Coordination
What can Elder Care Coordination do?
- Advocate for elderly patients on their behalf to promote quality service and positive treatment outcomes.
- Help caregivers and family members develop and execute a long-term care plan designed to meet unique healthcare needs.
- Save money and resources from long-term care cost by helping the elder age-in-place while living in the least restrictive healthcare environment.
- Help manage and coordinate home care service to cost efficiently meet the elder’s unique healthcare needs.
- Liaison with healthcare service providers to build a culture of accountability and promote positive treatment outcomes.
- Help clients find assisted living or nursing facilities and assist with easing adjustment to new home environment.
- Monitor services and provide information to concerned family members or Power of Attorney.
Read Related Post: Life Care Planning: A Plan For Life
For more information on Elder Care Coordination, fill out the contact form below.